Re: GNU Emacs raison d'etre

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: GNU Emacs raison d'etre
Date: Sat, 30 May 2020 11:02:03 +0900

> On May 30, 2020, at 10:44, Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> wrote:

>>> What does C-g mean? Why the sequence C-g specifically? I think the
>>> disconnect may be that C-g appears outwardly meaningless.
>
> I will ask Greenblatt -- he might remember.

I'm sure it's interesting for historical purposes but as far as such
keybindings are concerned the good thing is that we can find our own stories to
remember them, and that's what matters.

I can remember C-[g]et out of here, as I hinted, and now I can remember C-why
did [G]reenblatt chose this one ? And C-life is certainly [g]reener on the
other side of the window, etc.

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @brandelune
http://mac4translators.blogspot.com