Re: Replacing all C code????

From: VanL
Subject: Re: Replacing all C code????
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2020 14:35:58 +1100

> Rewriting all the C code of Emacs in some other language would be a
> tremendous job.  With the same amount of work we could add many
> important features that are lacking.  We could make it possible to
> edit fancy documents, which currently require a text formatter or
> LibreOffice.

News report in Japan say Microsft shortened the workweek by one day and
productivity increased by 40%, perhaps fancy document prerparation isn't
woth the effort from the Carlos Gone era of Corporate Commication.

> If execution of the other language is slower, the slowdown could make
> Emacs unusable on old machines.  Old machines such as the T200 and
> T400 are very important for our freedom since we can run them with
> Libreboot.  We must not downgrade support for them.

My point is to divde and conquer the problem by taking advntage of the
parallelism in the newer cpu, gpu, tpu.

--
 əə0@ 7 6 4 5 bit byte word 6502 memory map dma ssd intelligence io 🐞
 一 二 三 言 語 𝔖 天夫大家 园 元 示 証明 白 記号意味 自己海外國漢本華人