Replacing all C code????

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Replacing all C code????
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2020 18:47:16 -0500

Rewriting all the C code of Emacs in some other language would be a
tremendous job.  With the same amount of work we could add many
important features that are lacking.  We could make it possible to
edit fancy documents, which currently require a text formatter or
LibreOffice.

If execution of the other language is slower, the slowdown could make
Emacs unusable on old machines.  Old machines such as the T200 and
T400 are very important for our freedom since we can run them with
Libreboot.  We must not downgrade support for them.

--
Dr Richard Stallman