Re: Using incremental parsing in Emacs

From: Pankaj Jangid
Subject: Re: Using incremental parsing in Emacs
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2020 17:09:19 +0000

> Tree-Sitter could be an example of how such new grammars could be
> structured, but I think we'd need that implemented in Lisp. Not in a
> foreign library that we import through modules mechanism.

If it is a pure-C library then there is no harm in including it. And for
performance reasons, integration must be done at C level. tree-sitter
dynamically changes the syntax tree on every character-level change in
the input source (it will be buffer in our case).

Lisp interface must be there to support customization and integration
with other packages. I guess that your intent is same as Eli's
intent. But he insists that we come up with the design first.