Re: Tabs

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Tabs
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 10:45:50 +0200 (CEST)

> Today branch fails on Windows (at least..), maybe a typo:
>
> [...]
>   GEN      ../../etc/charsets/IBM862.map
>   GEN      ../../etc/charsets/IBM863.map
>   GEN      ../../etc/charsets/IBM864.map
> xdisp.c: In function 'tab_bar_item_info':
> xdisp.c:13181:41: error: 'Qclose' undeclared (first use in this function);
> did you mean 'Qclosed'?
> 13181 |                                         Qclose,
>       |                                         ^~~~~~
>       |                                         Qclosed
> xdisp.c:13181:41: note: each undeclared identifier is reported

I corrected and it builds.

Some comment:

After removing the code to use tabbar from MELPA in my init.el, I started Emacs
of your branch and did: M-x global-tab-line-mode. The result is in the
attachment. I think it should only shows a limited number of tabs, so that the
buffer names are readable (like in the previous screenshots regarding tabbar
from MELPA), other wise it is unusable.

BTW, I use sr-speedbar from MELPA and as you can see from too_many_tabs.png its
window contains two tabs (init.el and *SPEEDBAR*): maybe it should not contain
tabs or at most just that regarding speedbar..