Re: Question about display engine

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Question about display engine
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 11:05:04 +0200

> I'm not sure what you're describing (the colors don't seem to match
> what I see), but it sounds like normal behavior (smaller overlays
> having precedence over larger ones).

Not really.  This is 'redisplay-highlight-region-function' at work and
it's by design.  The idea is that when the region starts or ends
within an overlay, it is shown within that overlay.  If the region
covers the overlay completely, it is not shown within that overlay.

The effect is slightly different for GUIs and TTYs.  On TTYs only
'widget-field' is affected here, on GUIs 'custom-button' as well.
Which is probably by design too but I don't know why.

martin