Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 55ec674: * lisp/multifile.el: New file, extract

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 55ec674: * lisp/multifile.el: New file, extracted from etags.el
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 23:41:36 +0200

>> This version is better: 14s instead of previous 17s.
>
> That's good, I guess. But not good enough.
>
> Let's step back. Why is project-files so slow on your machine? In
> particular, why is it noticeably slower than project-find-regexp?

Because I supposed that project-find-regexp should operate on the
project's root directory, as project-files-pipe-grep and project-files do,
and ran (benchmark 10 '(project-find-regexp "xyz1")) in the 'lisp' subdirectory.
I remember seeing different times between running in the 'lisp' subdirectory
and running in the root directory.  But now can't reproduce this test case,
and see the same times for project-find-regexp and project-files-pipe-grep
regardless of running in the 'lisp' subdirectory or in the root directory.
So it seems you already did everything possible for optimization, thank you.