Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 55ec674: * lisp/multifile.el: New file, extract

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 55ec674: * lisp/multifile.el: New file, extracted from etags.el
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2019 02:44:08 +0200

>> That's the problem.  Most of the time there is no need to complete
>> on directory names, only on file names, preferably listed alphabetically.
>
> So type the file name (or a part of it)? I'm not seeing the problem, sorry.

Typing a part of the file name matches also directory names
and all files that these directories contain.

> multifile.el just implements a particular UI.
>
> multi-occur is different from occur in a totally other way.
>
> Going by your suggestion, we'd cram half of Emacs into that one file.

I don't mind adding more multifile stuff to multifile.el,
whereas naming it something that contains the word “loop”
will limit its scope to only iteration commands.

BTW, wanted to ask a related question: in multifile.el I see
multifile-continue, but can't find its keybinding.  Is it
bound to some key like it was earlier IIRC to ‘M-,’?