Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 55ec674: * lisp/multifile.el: New file, extract

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 55ec674: * lisp/multifile.el: New file, extracted from etags.el
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2019 02:22:41 +0300

On 06.01.2019 04:22, Dmitry Gutov wrote:

I've pushed a change that makes project-files the canonical generic and thus cuts down on some overhead, but it makes no perceptible difference on my end. Please try it out if you have the time, though.

OK, I've pushed two more changes that now show better performance (a bit, but still) than project-find-regexp, at least on my machine.

Testing welcome.

Unfortunately, it uses call-process-region which has no Tramp counterpart. I'm really tempted to leave solving that problem up to Michael, either but adding a proper public counterpart (like a file file-process-region, with a Tramp handler), or by encapsulating the choice of whether to use call-process-region or a temporary file, in a private function. Neither seems too hard to do, though.