Re: [emacs-bidi] Control-key binding while typing (for example) Hebrew

From: Amit Ramon
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Control-key binding while typing (for example) Hebrew
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 08:20:36 +0300

Scot, thanks a lot.

Scot Becker <address@hidden> [2010-06-24 22:01 +0100]:

Amit,

Are you using one of the new input methods, introduced to us in this
message:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-bidi/2010-05/msg00025.html

I must have overlooked this message. It's now
working very well, except some minor issues.

The problematic issue seems to be related to the fact that I'm using an English Dvorak keyboard layout, and Hebrew Lyx. What
happens is that when the Hebrew Lyx input method is active some keys
give the English Dvorak characters. This happen with the brackets,
equal sign and perhaps some more keys that change position between
Hebrew and English.

For example, the standard equal key, two keys to the right of the zero
key, gives a right bracket in Hebrew Lyx input method, which is its
Dvorak mapping.

This is not a serious problem, and I'll try looking into it.

Tanks again,

Amit