Re: [emacs-bidi] adding LRM in visual-to-logical transform

From: Ehud Karni
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] adding LRM in visual-to-logical transform
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 15:40:54 +0200

On Sat, 17 Nov 2001 18:26:27 +0200, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> The current plan calls for ignoring non-displayed characters (such as
> formatting codes) as part of the search algorithm in search.c.  Since
> you type the search string in logical order and the buffer is in
> logical order, there's no need for any bidi conversions for the
> search (except, of course, the redisplay operation that displays the
> search string in the echo area).
>
> Note that we will most probably need an option to make the search
> sensitive to non-displayable characters, because sometimes users
> might require that.

We need a variable like `case-fold-search'.

May be `non-displayed-search' :

*Non-nil if searches and matches should NOT ignore characters
that are not displayed on screen.
Automatically becomes buffer-local when set in any fashion.

If visual search is ever implemented we will need a variable that
will determine if the search is logical (normal) or visual.
May be `bidi-visual-search' ?

Ehud.

--
 @@@@@@ @@@ @@@@@@ @    @    Ehud Karni                       ינרק דוהא
     @    @      @  @@  @    Senior System Support   בשחמ תוכרעמב הכימת

 Ehud Karni     Mivtach - Simon  Insurance   /"\
 Tel: +972-3-7966-561 Fax: +972-3-7966-667   \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 (USA) Fax and  voice  mail: 1-815-5509341    X   Against  HTML  Mail
     Better     Safe     Than     Sorry      / \
     mailto:address@hidden    http://www.simonwiesel.co.il