Re: [emacs-bidi] improve visual-to-logical

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] improve visual-to-logical
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 20:08:32 +0200

> From: Alex Schroeder <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 18:27:09 +0100
>
> Anyway, I think that I should use the most general one (Unicode) and
> rely on unification (Dave Love's effort).

That's fine by me.  Perhaps even let the user determine what
codepoint is used.

> There are two solutions to this: Pick a "safe" LRM character, or rely
> on unification.
>
> I prefer the second approach because I think unification will happen
> anyway

I don't think this is terribly important at this point.  We are still
in the proof-of-concept stage; these fine aspects can be finalized
later.  Hopefully, by that time we will not have the kind of charset
schizophrenia we have today ;-)