Re: [emacs-bidi] Where do I start?

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Where do I start?
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 21:46:53 +0100

Alex Schroeder <address@hidden> writes:

> Ok, I will look at that.  I also read through the archives of this
> year and will take a look at the xdisp.c and the other files
> recommended by you, Handa, and Gerd.

I read through UAX#9 and I read through most of the comments in
xdisp.c; I think it gives me a fair idea of what to expect.  :)

I read somewhere that you have a possible implementation in a separate
stand alone program.  Is it feasible to make this available to other
people?  I realize that this is not often the case with experimental
hacks, so if you think it would make more sense to do something else,
say so.  I'd be interested in seeing a simple but working
implementation, anyway.  Something that uses the Iterator structure
described in xdisp.c, which uses caching, etc.

Alex.
--
http://www.emacswiki.org/