dvipng

Re: [Dvipng] pict2e problems

From: Tim Arnold
Subject: Re: [Dvipng] pict2e problems
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 08:21:27 -0400

On Aug 22, 2007, at 4:34 AM, Jan-Åke Larsson wrote:
Tim Arnold wrote:
Hi,
I really like dvipng, and rely on it heavily for producing and
publishing technical documentation. I recently came across a problem
with picture environments. I get the same results with dvipng 1.6 and
1.9. I'm using pdfeTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.30.4-2.2 on HPux10.

It seems that pict2e uses raw PostScript specials for the pictures. The CVS version of dvipng supports raw PostScript to some degree, and the example you sent certainly works. So try the CVS version.

There remains to implement more of the raw PostScript special syntax ("a tortourus history" to quote the dvips manual) and to do some testing.

Please report any problems you have, or indeed any success. I intend to release this as version 1.10 in time.

/JÅ
Hi Jan,
Thanks for the quick reply! Now, with the cvs version of dvipng, the problem does go away, but I have a new warning--does it look familiar to you? (the resulting png seems ok).

This is dvipng 1.9 Copyright 2002-2006 Jan-Ake Larsson
dvipng warning: cannot find ps2pk.map, nor psfonts.map
kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode cx --bdpi 300 --mag 1+100/300 --dpi 400 cmr10 mktexpk: /shadow/system/tex/texmf-var/fonts/pk/cx/public/cm/cmr10.400pk already exists.

which is weird, since I get this response from the unix command line:
kpsewhich ps2pk.map
 /shadow/system/tex/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/ps2pk.map

thanks for any insights on this, and thanks for your work on dvipng!
--Tim Arnold
SAS Institute, Inc.