dvipng

[Dvipng] pict2e problems

From: Tim Arnold
Subject: [Dvipng] pict2e problems
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 13:35:48 -0400

Hi,
I really like dvipng, and rely on it heavily for producing and
publishing technical documentation. I recently came across a problem
with picture environments. I get the same results with dvipng 1.6 and
1.9. I'm using pdfeTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.30.4-2.2 on HPux10.

If I do not include pict2e.sty, I get warnings from LaTeX. If I do
include pict2e.sty, I get warnings from dvipng.
I've winnowed it down to the following:
\documentclass{article}
%\usepackage{pict2e}
% If pict2e is omitted:
% LaTeX Warning: \oval, \circle, or \line size unavailable
%
% If pict2e is included:
% dvipng warning: at (176,143)
% unimplemented \special{ps: save /setgray { pop } def}
%
\begin{document}
\setlength{\unitlength}{1px}

\begin{picture}(200,100)