dvipng

Re: [Dvipng] pict2e problems

From: Jan-Åke Larsson
Subject: Re: [Dvipng] pict2e problems
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:34:51 +0200

Tim Arnold wrote:
Hi,
I really like dvipng, and rely on it heavily for producing and
publishing technical documentation. I recently came across a problem
with picture environments. I get the same results with dvipng 1.6 and
1.9. I'm using pdfeTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.30.4-2.2 on HPux10.

It seems that pict2e uses raw PostScript specials for the pictures. The CVS version of dvipng supports raw PostScript to some degree, and the example you sent certainly works. So try the CVS version.

There remains to implement more of the raw PostScript special syntax ("a tortourus history" to quote the dvips manual) and to do some testing.

Please report any problems you have, or indeed any success. I intend to release this as version 1.10 in time.

/JÅ

--
There are two kinds of people:
  1.) Those who have sent email to the wrong address