dotgnu-pnet

Re: [Pnet-developers] Porting work remaining question

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Porting work remaining question
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 00:31:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

> Correct, no mload/l2i on OS X (which has
> sizeof(long) ==
> sizeof(ptr) == 4, I seem to recall.)
>
> So this isn't a unicode issue, as such, which was
> concerning me?

What I was saying about unicode was that the basic
unicode handling needed to convert "Hello World" into
a byte stream (so that it can be printed onto stdout)
is a very large peice of non trivial code :)

So in fact I think the mload & l2i is causing problems
and *maybe* you might want to have a look at the
marshal_ip() function in int_table.c (in case the
marshalling is causing problems). There is also a
faint chance that call_native is not working properly
unless you have some other place in your dump
where it works :)

..
> I'm missing something here - where are you getting
> 0x7FFFFFFF8 from?

88090dd2e0 > 80090dd2e8 (I'm assuming that you have
this in the printfs)

fprintf(stderr, ">>>>> stacktop(llx) = %llx",
stacktop);
fprintf(stderr, ">>>>>
&(stacktop[-CVM_WORDS_PER_LONG]) = %llx",
&(stacktop[-CVM_WORDS_PER_LONG]));

So then why are these two printf's showing so much
difference in value (my calc showed 0x7FFFFFFF8).

Gopal