Re: [DotGNU]Re: Mandrake Rpms

From: Stephen Compall
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Re: Mandrake Rpms
Date: 26 Sep 2004 17:28:38 -0500

Rhys Weatherley <address@hidden> writes:

> gnutls is already supported by pnetlib, and is part of
> DotGNU.SSL.dll.  It has been for quite some time now.  It is tried
> by default, before openssl.

Ok, I did not see this, thanks.

> Anyway, the supposed incompatibility with openssl is rubbish.  There
> is an explicit license exception, listed in
> "pnetlib/DotGNU.SSL/README".  This is sufficient to resolve the
> issue.

AFAIK, this exception does not necessarily carry to GPL programs that
use OpenSSL.  Anyways this is moot now, I suppose.

> Please don't perpetuate myths like this, especially in packages.
> DotGNU.SSL is a fundamental library, needed by System.dll.  It
> should be in the "pnetlib-base" package.

In any case, the next pnetlib-base package will include DotGNU.SSL,
require libgnutls.so.11 (available on Installation CD 4) in place of
libssl.so.0.9.7, and obsolete pnetlib-openssl.  pnetlib-openssl will
be removed.

--
Stephen Compall or s11 or sirian

This night methinks is but the daylight sick.
                -- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"

MILSATCOM Skipjack 64 Vauxhall Cross assassination INS Leitrim Etacs
BLU-97 A/B virus Sundevil ASPIC AK-47 Qaddafi dictionary Janet Reno