dolibarr-dev

Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Again, released new version without any notification

From: Destailleur Laurent
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Again, released new version without any notification
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 18:33:36 +0100

Hum, i see.
You're right. There is 2 different annoucements to do. I was thinking of public one only.
I think we can progress only if things become automatic. We (and I) continue to fails in some tasks as long as they are manual (when they can be automatic).

I have made enhancement recently into packaging script, to be better:
For example with 3.5.1, now setting the tag into GIT is done when making package so we are sure tag is set and match with package (we frequently forgot it). Also pushing to sourceforge is also done by script, saving a lot of time.

I notice that we must now work onto annoucements: For public and also communities.

For public, i think to push news into web portal by a script (it can be a generic message completed with changelog) so can be scripted too. Then publish to social networks is already done automaticaly as soon as news is onto portal. But we must wait new version of portal (currently in works) to work on submitting news on portal.

For community annoucement, we can enhance/add scripts to send a generic notice to dev ML. This is not best or enough  but it is an easy step to do.