Re: A Critique: Getting Started with GNUstep on Windows

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: A Critique: Getting Started with GNUstep on Windows
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 20:37:52 +0100

Hi,

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
It would be nice to target the Rasbpberry Pi using Wayland
me too. except for Wayland. I want to have run on raspbian smoothly instead of the provided WM they have. There are also similar devices which could fit well: there are talks about laptops around PPC.

We aren't "that distant" by the way. That is, it is not "lacking" much more than a standard linux, except for additional issues with speed and memory and slowness in startup. ARM works quite well even with the supplied GCC. No paritcular graphic issues either.

Of course, since we are quite far away to have a usable desktop on x86.... we are just a little better off on smaller plaform because other desktops (e.g. Gnome) are soo big and heavy that become unusable on those smaller things.

Riccardo