Re: GNUmail on NetBSD

From: Philippe Roussel
Subject: Re: GNUmail on NetBSD
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 21:25:58 +0200

Le 13/04/2012 20:15, Ivan Vučica a écrit :
> On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 19:14, Philippe Roussel <p.o.roussel@free.fr> wrote:
>

>> FWIW, I fully agree with Sebastian here, moving useful code to GAP (when
>> there's no active maintainer of course) would be nice.
>>
>> GAP switching from cvs to something saner would be cool, at least for me.
>>
>> Having some kind of governance on what app should be polished, what
>> should be worked on etc could be beneficial (for example, 1 great pdf
>> viewer would probably be better than 5 not really good ones), even if
>> all the work is done on everybody's free time.
>>

> Would it make sense to switch to DVCS for individual GAP projects, and keep
> one reference project pointing to the others?

Well, GAP projects are small enough to be in a single tree but I would
vote for any setup not using cvs, even if I have to learn a new tool.

Another potentialy beneficial move would to be use text files for the
UIs. I find it annoying to not be able to diff 2 versions of a gorm
interface but maybe that's just me :o)

Philippe