Re: GNUmail on NetBSD

From: Philippe Roussel
Subject: Re: GNUmail on NetBSD
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 19:14:32 +0200

Le 13/04/2012 12:43, Sebastian Reitenbach a écrit :

> I still think that all those GNUstep apps should not be scattered too much
> over the web. Having one site where you find "most", like an App Store ;)
> Abandoned bitrotted Apps, scattered all around the web, do not put a good
> light on GNUstep as a whole.
> In a central repository like GAP, others could take over if the main
> developer looses interest in the App. Even if not developing it further,
> I think just taking care to let the app not bitrot, is very important. See
> the success of the Apps we added to GAP over the last year.

FWIW, I fully agree with Sebastian here, moving useful code to GAP (when
there's no active maintainer of course) would be nice.

GAP switching from cvs to something saner would be cool, at least for me.

Having some kind of governance on what app should be polished, what
should be worked on etc could be beneficial (for example, 1 great pdf
viewer would probably be better than 5 not really good ones), even if
all the work is done on everybody's free time.

Philippe