GNUstep's clipboard (Was: Changes I've been thinking of...)

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: GNUstep's clipboard (Was: Changes I've been thinking of...)
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 16:17:01 +0200

Gregory Casamento wrote:

See below...

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 11:06 AM, Markus Hitter <mah@jump-ing.de> wrote:
[...]

Insisting on a own clipboard system
will do nothing but confuse users.

The unfortunate truth here is that there are still some features of
the other guys pasteboard servers which don't server our needs at all.

While at the topic of GNUstep's pasteboard: I've recently started using GNUstep applications remotely through an ssh connection. This works quite well for me except for copy and paste. Both interact with the pasteboard server on the remote machine not with my local X server. Is there any way to tell GNUstep applications to contact the gpbs server on my local machine instead of the remote one?

Wolfgang