Re: Changes I've been thinking of...

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Changes I've been thinking of...
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 19:23:08 +0100

On 9 Oct 2009, at 19:19, Gregory Casamento wrote:

Well, yeah... I do know about pbxbuild since I helped develop it.
The point is that the majority of mac devs expect things to be done
completely from the mac.

My point was that this is something we could automate pretty trivially. I managed to get Darwine building (but not running) Windows versions of GNUstep apps, and it would be pretty simple to package up a virtual appliance that people could open with VirtualBox on their Mac and just point at an svn repository and get automated builds. Same with Darwine; we could package up a .wine directory containing GNUstep with this.

If someone is interested in cross developing from OS X (I'm not especially), then it's the kind of project that someone without much programming experience could put together.

David

-- Sent from my Difference Engine