Re: Look and Feel

From: M. Uli Kusterer
Subject: Re: Look and Feel
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:26:28 +0100

At 8:39 Uhr +0100 17.02.2005, Philippe C.D. Robert wrote:
On Feb 17, 2005, at 1:06 AM, MJ Ray wrote:
<jhclouse@charter.net> wrote:
[...] Look at it this way: the convenience factor should go to
the largest number of people.
Dictatorship of the majority?

You could also call it democracy ... :-)

BTW I am all for the 'old' NEXTSTEP look. I don't think it looks dated, it all depends on the icons IMHO. If they are of a certain quality the UI looks just gorgeous.

What about the tab view? I've seen numerous screen-shots where part of the tab titles was cut off, and in my opinion they could generally use a little more whitespace between the title text and the actual tab outline. That's my main gripe so far.

Are there any screen shots of how tab views used to look on NeXT? Google only brought up a couple windows with that popup button at the top, but nowhere did I find real tabs? I seem to remember them being a little generous in space, but maybe that's just my warped memory...
--
Cheers,
M. Uli Kusterer