Re: *Any* way to getting GNUstep on a G4 ???

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: *Any* way to getting GNUstep on a G4 ???
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:12:45 -0600

On Oct 25, 2004, at 6:42 PM, M. Uli Kusterer wrote:
So, anybody know a less painful way of getting GNUstep onto a PowerMac
G4? I'm a seasoned programmer and not a command-line illiterate either,
but I'd have no idea where to even *start* diagnosing the problem, and
I've already proven that compiling my own GCC is just too complex. And
since neither Mozilla nor Lincs [sic] will launch on OpenDarwin either,
I have to restart each time I want to try out something I googled up.

Here's my setup:

1. compile gcc 3.3.2.  I could probably send it to you if you want.
2. Compile and install libffi from the gcc 3.3.2 installation
3. Then I installed any extra libraries needed via fink (see the README.Darwin) and FinkCommander.app
4. Compile and install GNUstep

If you have a problem with a particular step, send me the error messages and I can look at them.