Re: *Any* way to getting GNUstep on a G4 ???

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: *Any* way to getting GNUstep on a G4 ???
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 22:29:23 +0200

Le 28 oct. 04, à 20:14, Andrew Pinski a écrit :

On Oct 28, 2004, at 2:05 PM, Uli Kusterer wrote:

In article <mailman.5828.1098986354.2017.discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>,
 Andrew Pinski <pinskia@physics.uc.edu> wrote:

On Oct 28, 2004, at 1:41 PM, Uli Kusterer wrote:

stage1/xgcc -Bstage1/ -B/usr/local/powerpc-apple-darwin7.5.0/bin/ -g
-O2 -DIN_GCC   -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wtraditional -pedantic -Wno-long-long
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DGENERATOR_FILE  -o gengenrtl \
 gengenrtl.o ../libiberty/libiberty.a
xgcc: installation problem, cannot exec `c++filt3': No such file or
directory
make[2]: *** [gengenrtl] Error 1
make[1]: *** [stage2_build] Error 2
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

Which version of Mac OS X is this, 10.1?

 No, 10.3.5 (7M34). A fresh install from my set of Panther CDs,
including the xCode CD to get a GCC to compile GCC 3.3.2.

Oh, yes that is right the new Developer tools only includes a c++filt
and not one for each compiler version.

Could you explain what you mean here ? Are you talking about FSF GCC or about Apple Developer tools package ? In the case, you mean Apple Developer tools which is what I'm thinking, you mean the version with Xcode 1.2 or Xcode 1.5 ? And moreover you said "not one for each compiler version" ? You want to talk about the different GCC versions bundled with Apple developer tools : 3.3, 3.1 or whatever ? In this case, which compiler version includes the c++filt ? I would like to know this because I'm currently using Xcode 1.2 and FSF GCC 3.3.2 with GNUstep on Mac OS X and I plan to move to Xcode 1.5… Well I suppose I will have no problem because by FSF GCC is already compiled, but I'm curious…

Quentin.

--
Quentin Mathé
qmathe@club-internet.fr