Re: XML idea

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: XML idea
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 19:50:41 +0100

On Jan 7, 2004, at 4:56 PM, Alexander Malmberg wrote:
This just doesn't make sense to me. If it isn't supported, I can't use
it.
And this makes no sense to me. This is free software. Nothing is
supported. :)

I'm pretty sure that you know exactly what I'm talking about. There is a huge difference between "there are no project developers at all interested in working on something" (eg the AppleScript stuff) and "this is of common point of interest to a lot of people" (eg say NSString).

If a project isn't supported by its developers, its pretty much useless. You wouldn't start working on the BSD or Linux kernel when it isn't supported by the developers anymore but rather switch to a different one. We have the same situation here.

(Of course, developers generally try to help, time permitting, but there
you already have the problem (from a user pov) that some parts are less
supported than others.)

Really?! ;->

Greets,
  Helge