Re: Language Setup Document (Re: Text drawing bug - gaps after 16th char

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Language Setup Document (Re: Text drawing bug - gaps after 16th character ...)
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 15:33:43 +0100

> So please avoid discussing it based on your own interpretation, leading
> you to wrong viewpoints and conclusions.

O.K. I didnt realise that there was a C standard for multi-byte . Have
gone and looked it up (9and am trying to understyand what the hell it is
trying to do).

> I'm afraid what you observed with Russian characters is irrelevant to
> the multibyte
> representation. Actually, as you noted, each of them is represented with
> 8-bit.

...or can be. They are represented as 16 bit in Unicode (and have to be
as their values are outside the rnage of a single byte).

I just tried to convert 0x400 tomutibyte representation to see what
would happen though, and got a sinzezero byte ?! (but no error return)

At this point I shallshut up as I think I have no clue what I am talking
about. I'm going to stick to doing everything in Unicode, much easier...

-bat.