Re: GNUStep problems on Mandrake 8

From: Stephen Brandon
Subject: Re: GNUStep problems on Mandrake 8
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 11:05:20 +0100

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001 10:48:27 +0100 (BST)
 Veeraraghavan Krishna Kumar <birbal77@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Does the build bring in the Cygwin baggage ?
> (I dont have Cygwin and use only Mingw).

Yes and no. Yes, it means downloading all the cygwin tools
etc, which means you get a nice shell and zillions of other
ported utilities.
No, it does not tie you to the cygwin dll - the eventual
binaries produced are free of this dependency.

> I need the AppKit reference. Any pointers ? (the PDF
> file at Apple is huge and its virtually impossible to
> download from my place.)

Sorry, can't help you there. How big is the thing?

> -Regards,
> Krish

Regards,
Stephen