Re: How to display a part of the GRC spectrum?

From: Fabian Schwartau
Subject: Re: How to display a part of the GRC spectrum?
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2023 17:12:33 +0100

Am 03.02.23 um 17:08 schrieb Marcus D. Leech:
On 03/02/2023 11:04, Fabian Schwartau wrote:
Hi George,

I don't know if the Frequency sink can do that for you, but I guess it cannot. One way is to mix the signal with a complex oscillation and a multiplier with the oscillator running at the negative frequency you wish to downshift the signal. Then low-pass filter and downsample the signal. You can then feed that into the Frequency sink and also set you oscillator frequency as offset frequency in the sink's settings.

Best,
Fabian
That's pretty-much what the frequency-xlating FIR filter/FFT filter block is for...
Nice to know...

Also, sampling at 3GHz?  Into an ordinary computer?  Really?
Maybe he is just simulating stuff...