Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions about E100

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions about E100
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 08:29:37 -0400

On 05/05/2011 05:42 PM, Scott Johnston wrote:
Hi,

Has anybody out there done any development on the DSP? What tools are
available to program it? I have used TI's code composer in the past to
program DSPs, is there something comparable to that included with E100,
or is it easy to get it? What I would like to be able to do is obtain
common C libraries and compile C code to run on the DSP.

You can build an image with dsp support by following the notes at:

http://ettus-apps.sourcerepo.com/redmine/ettus/projects/usrpe1xx/wiki/Install_OpenEmbedded

I'll post a copy of the image next week.

To run the demos, you'll need to modify the kernel boot args to create a memory hole. This is (barely) documented on the interwebs. Next time I update u-boot, I'll include an extra variable to make it easier to create the memory hole.

Philip