Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Over the Air Signal Capture

From: Rick Parrish
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Over the Air Signal Capture
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 11:12:20 -0600

Cory Papenfuss wrote:

DME is up by the transponder frequencies...around 1GHz. The glideslope signal is around 300Mhz UHF.

Thanks!

Some are localizer, not VOR within that frequency band. Those are 90 and 150Hz AM out a center line of the runway. The nav instrument reads the strength of each to determine if centered down the runway.... centered needle=equal strength=lined up. The glideslope signal is more or less the same (at different frequencies), but vertically oriented as opposed to horizontally.

(I feel like I'm playing poker ... ) I'll raise your localizer and throw in a marker beacon signal at 75 Mhz.

*stupid grin*

Thanks Cory ... all good stuff.

-rick