Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Over the Air Signal Capture

From: mgray
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Over the Air Signal Capture
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 11:04:10 -0700 (MST)

I will take a look at that.  I agree, I wish they would look at more open
standards.  But the old school hardware guys want to sell hardware and
don't care about open source or the open spirt of ham radio.  In the
early days of radio, ham radio was very leading edge.  I think it still
is, but to a lesser extent.

The other reason I asked about an open source version of IMBE was to
receive public service APCO 25 radio.  APCO 25 is an open standard, but
I'm not sure about the IMBE CODEC.  It would be nice to receive the
digital radio that is going into every city now.