consensus

Re: [GNU/consensus] GNU Consensus Manifesto -- Comments

From: Melvin Carvalho
Subject: Re: [GNU/consensus] GNU Consensus Manifesto -- Comments
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 16:08:01 +0100

On 9 January 2013 14:50, hellekin (GNU Consensus) <address@hidden> wrote:
On 01/09/2013 10:03 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> My approach was more aimed at interop with the wider web.

*** That is the same issue I see with SWAT: that the business logic is
built-in the tests. If your application does not follow them, it's
excluded, by definition.

No, really, the first step is "hello, world.", and let coders implement
it, and describe their technical solution: we'll see then, how Briar
acts differently than a Web-based application, etc.

Embedding constraints in the tests before any reports are made will
definitely exclude some programs. But it would be more interesting to
understand why these programs didn't choose the "mainstream" path.

Michael, welcome! Can you make a short presentation of what problem
you're trying to solve with Briar? (You can use the [SH] topic prefix.)

+1 to hello world

but I need to know where to send it, or what's the point?

==
hk