Re: More astonishing progress in japi scores

From: Robert Schuster
Subject: Re: More astonishing progress in japi scores
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 22:52:14 +0200

Stuart> - Imageio

Michael Koch has the library parts of this, just not checked in yet.
My understanding is that he doesn't have any providers.

javax.imageio support would be great. I searched for Java libraries with friendly licenses and this one seemed to be very interesting:

JIU - The Java Imaging Utilities - http://jiu.sourceforge.net/status.html - GPL

AFAIK it is implemented in what Sun calls 'pure' Java. It may not be the fastest image codec library on earth but
I am sure the JNode guys will love it :D

Recently I wondered whether it would be possible to use the codecs of the GIMP from classpath. Is there anyone knowing the GIMP's source enough to tell me that?

cu
Robert