Re: Installing Chicken 5.2.0 on Windows - chicken-install -update-db han

From: ArooBaito Art
Subject: Re: Installing Chicken 5.2.0 on Windows - chicken-install -update-db hanging
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 12:02:56 -0700

Hey, Mark!

I successfully installed Chicken on Windows off chocolatey just last week. To get around all of the requirements for the Unix programs I installed win-bash and put them on my path so it could use cp etc. like normal. For SRFI-18 specifically you do have to modify it from using the variables "CSI_PATH" and "CSC_PATH" to just csc and csi since Windows doesn't properly convert them from strings to the actual programs on that SRFI specifically for whatever reason. I've had 0 problems with coops and other SRFIs and packages aside from 18.

- ArooBaito