Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #28066] dragon_jtag and atxmega128A1 fails chip e

From: Uwe Bonnes
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #28066] dragon_jtag and atxmega128A1 fails chip erase
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 17:56:11 +0100

    Joerg> Update of bug #28066 (project avrdude):

    Joerg> joerg_wunsch Open/Closed: Open => Closed

    Joerg>     _______________________________________________________

    Joerg> Follow-up Comment #2:

    Joerg> Finally, AVR067 has been updated to document the CMND_XMEGA_ERASE
    Joerg> command, so I rewrote the chip erase functionality for Xmega
    Joerg> parts.  There has been a hidden Xmega chip erase in
    Joerg> jtagmkII_paged_write() before (where the author of that code
    Joerg> simply didn't knew it's been a chip erase), so I reverted that
    Joerg> one back to the regular auto_erase functionality.

As of today, grepping through the SVN trunk sources
> find | xargs grep CMND_ERASEPAGE
./.svn/text-base/jtagmkII_private.h.svn-base:#define CMND_ERASEPAGE_SPM 0x0D
./jtagmkII_private.h:#define CMND_ERASEPAGE_SPM 0x0D

only brings up the definition of the command, but no usage.
This coincides with my observation, that always the -e option had to be
given when reprogramming the flash like
/avrdude -p atxmega256a3b -P usb -c dragon_jtag -y -e -U
flash:w:l_motctl.hex

Otherwise verify errors show up.

Is there any fundamental issue with using CMND_ERASEPAGE_SPM? Or should I
try to come up with a patch?

Bye
--
Uwe Bonnes                address@hidden