[avrdude-dev] Building Avrdude 5.0cvs on FreeBSD

From: User Tomdean
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Building Avrdude 5.0cvs on FreeBSD
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 18:22:30 -0700 (PDT)

I checked-out avrdude and all looked as I expected.  I cannot get a
proper Makefile generated.

I am running FreeBSD 5.4.  I am using the gnu tools from the ports
tree. /usr/local/gnu-autotools/bin/...

I have not used autoconf for long time.  I think this shows below.

Autoheader 2.59 generates config.h.in, but all the *.c files want
ac_cfg.h.  How do I get configure to NOT want install-sh?  If I
'touch' the missing files, I get a Makefile.in and configure will run,
but the resulting Makefile is useless.

I guess I need to be guided thru this.

tomdean

#!/bin/sh
# tar -zvxf tarballs/avrdude.tgz
# cd avrdude
# rm -Rf windows
# autoscan
# mv configure.scan configure.ac
# echo "AC_CONFIG_HEADERS([ac_cfg.h])" >> configure.ac
# echo "AC_PROG_LEX" >> configure.ac
# echo "AC_PROG_YACC" >> configure.ac
# echo "AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE" >> configure.ac
# autoheader
# cp config.h.in ac_cfg.h.in
# aclocal
# autoconf
# automake
configure.ac: required file `./install-sh' not found
configure.ac: required file `./missing' not found
doc/Makefile.am:28: required file `doc/mdate-sh' not found
doc/Makefile.am:28: required file `doc/texinfo.tex' not found
Makefile.am: required file `./INSTALL' not found
Makefile.am: required file `./compile' not found
Makefile.am: required file `./depcomp' not found