Re: [avrdude-dev] Building Avrdude 5.0cvs on FreeBSD

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Building Avrdude 5.0cvs on FreeBSD
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 23:54:51 -0400

Hi Tom,

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 06:49:09PM -0700, User Tomdean wrote:

> avrdude: Version 4.4.0cvs

> avrdude: ser_recv(): programmer is not responding
> avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
>
> So, it looks like I toasted my serial port, or the control port on the
> stk500.  I can still talk to the control port with the windows AVR
> Studio.  I see.
>
>    HW: 0x02  SW Major: 0x02  SW Minor: 0x00

You've somehow got and old version.  You want avrdude 5.0-beta.  Looks
like the programmer you have uses the Version 2 firmware, but avrdude
4.x is too old to support that.

I see now that the FreeBSD port is at 4.4.  If it wasn't so close to
release I'd go ahead and update the FreeBSD port to use 5-beta.
Actually, I thought I had already done that.  But this will be updated
in FreeBSD hopefully within a few days.

If you are willing, I will run the bootstrap here and send you a set
of potential distribution sources with the latest code.  All you
should need to do is extract it, and then run configure, and then make
install.  That should get you up and running.  Just let me know ...

-Brian
--
Brian Dean
ATmega128 based MAVRIC controllers