Re: [avrdude-dev] [patch #4435] Safemode support for old fuse style

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [patch #4435] Safemode support for old fuse style
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 19:46:43 -0400

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 02:03:04PM +0000, Colin O Flynn wrote:

> Is an update to the patch #4430 to support the "old" style chips that only
> have fuse, no lfuse/hfuse.
>
> UNTESTED - I don't have a working programmer/AVR combination that I can test
> in on.

I spoke too soon before, I found only two problems with regard to
handling 'fuse' in addition to the others.  Inside
'safemode_readfuses()', you forgot to assign 'safemode_fuse' an
initial value up at the top of the function.  This can cause it to
think the 'fuse' value has changed depending on what is on the stack
between calls.

Also, same function, just before return you had:

  *fuse = safemode_efuse;

I think you meant:

  *fuse = safemode_fuse;

Other than that, I think this is working.  But hopefully someone can
test that has a programmer/chip combo that supports 'fuse'
programming.

-Brian
--
Brian Dean