Re: [avrdude-dev] Building Avrdude 5.0cvs on FreeBSD

From: User Tomdean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Building Avrdude 5.0cvs on FreeBSD
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 18:49:09 -0700 (PDT)

I manually created a FreeBSD Makefile and built avrdude.  The makefile
is below.

# ./avrdude -v -v -p m16 -P/dev/cuaa0 -c stk500 -t

avrdude: Version 4.4.0cvs
 Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/

 System wide configuration file is "/usr/home/tomdean/AVR/stk500/avrdude.conf"
 User configuration file is "/home/tomdean/.avrduderc"
 User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular file, skipping

 Using Port            : /dev/cuaa0
 Using Programmer      : stk500
avrdude: ser_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

So, it looks like I toasted my serial port, or the control port on the
stk500.  I can still talk to the control port with the windows AVR
Studio.  I see.

   HW: 0x02  SW Major: 0x02  SW Minor: 0x00

I can talk to the ATmega16 via the spare RS232 port and with a null
modem can send chars between cuaa0 and cuaa1.  Maybe it is the Max 202
on the stk500?

Thanks for the replies.

tomdean

# makefile for FreeBSD avrdude

CFLAGS+=-DCONFIG_DIR=\"/usr/home/tomdean/AVR/stk500\" -lreadline
PROG=avrdude
SRCS=config_gram.y \
        lexer.l \
        avr.c \