Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude documentation

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude documentation
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 18:42:35 -0500

On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 09:37:05AM -0700, E. Weddington wrote:

> > DocBook is sourcecode only.  It's an SGML dialect.  (Remember, XML is
> > basically stripped-down SGML, too. ;)  There are tools to convert
> > DocBook into all kinds of stuff afterwards.  You can have a look at
> > http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/ to see how the HTML rendering would
> > look like.  It can also create PS, PDF, even RTF, and PDB, something i
> > don't know at all.  Ah, that seems to be the doc format of the Palm.
>
> Ahhh. :-) That looks good to me.

After looking at the various outputs, formatting, etc, I think I like
DocBook the best.  Would there be any major objections to going this
route?  I think this is also what Rich Neswold used for his AVR-GCC
Tutorial, not sure if he is still maintaining that, but I remember it
being very nice.  For example, see here:

        http://users.rcn.com/rneswold/avr/

As Joerg mentioned, you can generate many different output formats
from the same source.

If folks are OK with this, I can see about creating an initial
document in docbook over the next week or so (I mostly only get to
work on this kind of stuff on evenings and weekends).

Thoughts?

-Brian
--
Brian Dean