Re: [avr-gcc-list] Porting Atmel patches

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Porting Atmel patches
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 16:43:28 +0000

No, it never has been owned by Atmel.

But, sorry let me make myself a little clearer:

Atmel has generated I/O header files to match the new devices. Those header
files are copyright by Atmel. So, *those* files would have to be submitted to
avr-libc.

However, if someone else wanted to submit I/O header files, they would have to
write/generate them themselves, separate from Atmel. They could submit their
work to avr-libc and go through the process of getting them accepted.

What can't happen is having someone outside of Atmel, submit header files that
are copyright by Atmel, because Atmel owns that copyright and must license them
and submit them to avr-libc for acceptance.

HTH,
Eric