AW: [avr-gcc-list] Re: [Bug target/31786] error: unable to find a regist

From: Haase Bjoern (PT/EMM)
Subject: AW: [avr-gcc-list] Re: [Bug target/31786] error: unable to find a register to spill in class 'BASE_POINTER_REGS'
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 16:13:52 +0200

Hi all,

I think that we could resolve this ICE by adding an unnamed pattern like

(define_insn "*strangeMovhi"
  [(set (mem:HI (plus:HI (reg:HI 28)
                         (const_int 1)))
        (match_operand:HI 0 "general_operand" "r"))]
  ""
  "st %A0,y+1 \n\t st %B0,y+2"
  [(set_attr "length" "2")])

to the machine description "avr.md" . That might cure the symptoms and does not
resolve the underlying problem with reload, but this might be a fix for the
immediate issue.

Note that above remark is untested pseudo-code.

Yours,

Bjoern.

P.S.: Eric, you might add this remark to the bugzilla entry.