[avr-gcc-list] RE: [Bug target/31786] error: unable to find a register t

From: Eric Weddington
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] RE: [Bug target/31786] error: unable to find a register to spill in class 'BASE_POINTER_REGS'
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 10:03:04 -0600

There are a number of issues, mainly with going to 4.x. There has been a lot
of effort recently in fixing bugs, but still there are more to fix.

I keep an updated list of all bugs affecting the AVR here:
<http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/bugs.html>

Also, if you find any more bugs in the AVR port, please feel free to put my
email address in the CC list.

> Well, newlib implements a lot of what RTEMS uses, e.g. printf, string
> ops and other functions. I.e. "OS in newlib" has not been
> 100% correct,
> but "RTEMS and newlib are pretty much woven" would have
> matched better

> True, it's a while since I looked into it ... the version I
> have around
> (1.0.4) contains GPL'ed code ;)

I would strongly suggest that you and Joel take a look at avr-libc again: it
has printf, many string functions, etc.

Eric