audio-video

[Audio-video] Re: Please Help - Online Video

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Audio-video] Re: Please Help - Online Video
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:30:49 -0500

      First of all, I'm not sure if it is free software or
    just open source.  Honestly I don't know how to tell the difference.

You find all the license(s) its source code uses, and look them up in
http://gnu.org/license-list.html to see if they are all free software
licenses.

If one of them is not mentioned (neither positively nor negatively),
please ask address@hidden to judge it.

    I love Gnash, and can make flash video files (flv) but then I'm not sure if
    this satisfies Richard's request that I use free software.

Actually my rewuirement is that you use Ogg Theora format for video.

We want everyone to install an Ogg player.

The fact that most people don't have them is a problem.  We are
looking for how to fix it, not how to give in and perpetuate it.