Re: [Adonthell-devel] Porting to SDL2

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Porting to SDL2
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 10:25:15 +0200

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 10:25 AM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

Hope to get OSX binaries done on the coming weekend. Then there is one week remaining for the Windows version. Right on time.

Compiling on OSX revealed a number of memory issues, which I tracked down on friday. I do hope I got everything that was causing crashes, but will definitely do some further testing with valgrind on Linux before final release.

Saturday I did not do much, and yesterday I finally started building an app bundle. Instead of doing it more or less manually, as before, I came up with two scripts (one for adonthell, one for wastesedge) that compile the code with the necessary flags and set the target of "make install" such that the bundle gets properly populated. In doing that, I also tested an out-of-source build for adonthell, which will need some small corrections to function properly, and there are one or two minor tweaks still left for the make_bundle scripts. But I hope I can release a test binary tonight.

I did not yet look at building a sandboxed version of Adonthell, though I certainly will give it a try.

In testing, I also found a number of bugs that I want to correct, but nothing that is really bad, so I'll save those for later:
- In Letterbox mode, speech bubbles may appear outside the actual game window. I hope that setting a clip rect for the renderer will fix that.
- When bringing up the save screen by pressing 's', saving the game does not automatically close the screen. Have to check if the same problem occurs when using 'l' for loading.