Re: [Adonthell-devel] Re: demo "map" complete

From: Andrew Sayman
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Re: demo "map" complete
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:49:47 -0400

On 7/19/07, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 7/18/07, Andrew Phillips <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Here's a new attempt at the file.
>
> Looks good now. If you want to add it, a configuration section for
> gamepad controls would probably look like that:
>
>   <Input>
>     <a_button>button 0</a_button>
>     <b_button>button 1</b_button>
>     <c_button>button 2</c_button>
>     <d_button>button 3</d_button>
>     <move_south>axis 0 back</move_south>
>     <move_north>axis 0 fore</move_north>
>     <move_west>axis 1 back</move_west>
>     <move_east>axis 1 fore</move_east>
>   </Input>
>
> However, I don't have a gamepad to test which button results in which
> event (and things will most likely differ between gamepads).

I've been way out of the loop on this stuff lately, but I just came
across this thread. I'm gonna try and jump in with this demo stuff on
my machine tonight and pull out my old gamepad. It's actually a
GameCube controller hooked up through some wacky USB device, but it's
worked before with games that handled joysticks and gamepads.
--
Andrew Sayman
Jabber: address@hidden