Re: [Adonthell-devel] Re: demo "map" complete

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Re: demo "map" complete
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 10:30:42 -0700

On 7/16/07, Joseph Toscano <address@hidden> wrote:

I know I'm just the music guy, but I have an Intel-based MacBook
running OS X 10.4 (it's what I use to write my music, in fact). So
perhaps I can help with #3 for OS X? I dunno. Just let me know!

That would be very helpful :-). The thing I wasn't sure about was
whether to produce universal binaries or not. I know in principle how
to do it, but it would involve recompiling all the required 3rd party
libs to be universal. But if you could produce an x86 package, I would
be free of that work.

So the first thing would be to get the beast to compile :-). See
http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php/Development:Dependency_Matrix
for the required libs and versions. Let me know if you run into
problems with the build ...

The bigger problem is that right now, there isn't anything OS X
specific in the install target. It'll just perform a UNIX-like install
to usr/local. For Windows, I just threw everything into a single
directory and wrote a little batch scripts to set some environment
variables to point to the right places and it apparently worked. On OS
X it might be a bit more involved to get everything bundled up nicely.
If you want to figure out a way to do it, that would be great. Or we
could work on this together.

In any case, for this little demo, the important bits are:

/usr/local/lib/libadonthell*    (the modules of the engine)
/usr/local/lib/adonthell/*      (the SDL bindings)
test/worldtest                    (that's the app we want to package)
test/data/gfx/*                   (the graphics)
test/data/models/*             (the models)
Plus all the libs not available on your average Mac.

There is no need for the Python bindings right now, as far as I am
concerned. We'll have to deal with those once they are actually
required by the demo.

Again, let me know if you need more specific information and thanks
for the help:-). That'll free me up to complete README and INSTALL and
all that stuff :-).